mouse pointer moves by it self.

Post your questions here and our members will take a shot at helping you find the answers.
bigheadBob

mouse pointer moves by it self.

Post by bigheadBob » June 15th, 2017, 3:58 pm

When I go to a site using my shortcut and if I leave the mouse pointer alone, the pointer takes off to another
site. I never even touch the mouse or move the pointer. I had my logitech wireless mouse replaced but it still does it. I also had my computer checked for virus and melwear. All is good,I check my windows 10 settings and can't find anything there. I did turn off my touch screen, used an old wire mouse, I have done just about everything I can think of. I do need some HELP. :?:

WCCobra
Site Admin

Re: mouse pointer moves by it self.

Post by WCCobra » June 15th, 2017, 6:22 pm

If it is an optical mouse, usually means there is something blocking the sensor or it's going bad.

bigheadBob

Post by bigheadBob » June 16th, 2017, 7:41 am

Yes it is a optical mouse, brand new replacing an older optical mouse witch did the same thing. Also a plug
in mouse wired into a usb port does the same thing????

WCCobra
Site Admin

Post by WCCobra » June 16th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Have you tried a different port on the PC?

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » June 21st, 2017, 4:41 pm

could be old driver did you go into computer management then device manager and go down to mice and other pointing devices open that
right click your mouse and click update driver and let it search windows update for new driver
if that does not work in the same area remove it and when it asks also uninstall the driver and restart windows see if windows sets it up again

the other thing to check would be firmware for you chipsets from the computer manufacturer ... so if you had like a dell you go to support.dell.com and put in your service tag and it will show you updates for your mother board and other chipsets

bigheadBob

Post by bigheadBob » June 22nd, 2017, 7:58 am

Thanks wd
I tried what you talked about and reinstalled the mouse drivers. I will check on the pointer
in time. It only does it once and a while?
I also thank you for the info. on Support.dell.com Great tool and my mouse,key board passed, but my touch screen failed. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and install all the drivers.
Time will tell. Thank you very much. ( big head bob )

Return to “Computer Help and Support”