IE11 * Update

Post your questions here and our members will take a shot at helping you find the answers.
Irabbit
Site Admin

Re: IE11 * Update

Post by Irabbit » January 5th, 2019, 9:25 pm

It goes on mine without any problems also. I have the same thing running on my computer as what is running on her computer. I just came back from my daughters to help her install a printer on a win 10 computer. Boy, was I lost. That would freak my wife out. She doesn't like change and this is more change than she could stand. I know, at some point it won't be an option and she (and I) will have to make the change. In the mean time, I do have some good protection set up and we don't use IE. I know that does not mean it can't be hit, but it won't be because of allowing an attack through use. I have sophos premium a/v with the sonicwall router and her logon is non-admin. I also use SUPERAntispyware premium and run malware bytes also. Of course, I make regular Acronis backups in the event something does get in. Nothing is bulletproof, but at least I think I have a fairly good setup to make it a little harder. If something does happen I do have provision (Acronis) to recover. I have 2 usb backup disks which I swap out on a regular basis and each has the complete backup.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » January 5th, 2019, 9:36 pm

win 10 today is similar to win 7 and you and your wife will not see much diff but better performance if the hardware is not too old

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » January 6th, 2019, 7:21 pm

I could not even find where to do a system restore or how to uninstall a program, etc. The look and where to find stuff is way different and, from my perspective, not as intuituive. Of course I have been using the various OS since DOS. It may be easier for the phone users, but it is confusing for me. It will definitely take time for me to learn and be comfortable getting to stuff. My wife may have an easier time because all she does is surf the web and email.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » January 7th, 2019, 10:50 am

its actually super easy just type in what you want to the search bar and it takes you to it
even settings has search bar to take you where you want to go …. it is really not hard at all just some screens look different

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » January 7th, 2019, 12:36 pm

I m sure I will have to succumb before too much longer. These computers are 8 (I think) years old.

Return to “Computer Help and Support”