windows 10 and constant beeping in middle of the day

Post your questions here and our members will take a shot at helping you find the answers.
lmhjcr

windows 10 and constant beeping in middle of the day

Post by lmhjcr » June 19th, 2018, 6:36 pm

I was on my computer (it had been on for a couple hours) and all of a sudden it started with a high pitched beeping that was just a constant beeping that probably lasted about a minute. It then stopped and everything was working just fine. But something caused that beeping. I was trying to find some information on it, but could not find anything. I thought that I would run some scans - ran malware bytes, super anti-spyware, eset online scan and then went to have dinner. About an hour ago that beeping started again. I just ran the checkdisk scan on reboot and the smart test for the hard drive and the computer is now running the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

I know that beeping must mean something, but all I keep finding is information for beep codes when starting the pc.

The computer is running Windows 10 home (and it has the most recent update installed). Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

wd
Site Admin

Re: windows 10 and constant beeping in middle of the day

Post by wd » June 20th, 2018, 1:05 pm

any chance its an older keyboard and windows is thinking something is stuck ///or check anything else u have plugged into it …..and check event viewer under windows logs … look thru applications system logs look for red stop sings around the time you heard the beeping

lmhjcr

Post by lmhjcr » June 21st, 2018, 8:28 pm

I did finally figure out what the problem was - after the darn beeping started a couple hours after the computer had been shut down for the night. Turns out my APC Back-up unit battery needs to be replaced. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what the heck was going on and then when it happened around 11PM and I went back into the office to turn off all power to the PC was it that I realized that it was coming from the APC unit. Silly Me.

Thanks for the suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » June 21st, 2018, 8:44 pm

yep they will cherp till you change them lol

Return to “Computer Help and Support”